Conditions and requirements for applying for an emergency travel document

  1. Bring proof of Sudanese identity
  2. Bring a copy of the Dutch ID
  3. Bring two (2) photographs
  4. Pay the prescribed fees
  5. The document is valid for one month only from the date of its issuance and for only one trip to Sudan
  6. The document is stamped (signed by the Consul), as well as a personal photo
  7. Report of loss or damage from the local police legalized by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs

This document is valid only to travel to Sudan. You can apply for an emergency travel document if all the following apply:

  • You’re a Sudanese national
  • You’re outside the Sudan
  • Your passport has been lost, stolen, damaged, or full.
  • You can provide proof of your travel plans, for example booking confirmations (or detailed written travel plans if you cannot book ahead)
  • You usually cannot get an emergency travel document if you’ve never had a Sudanese passport. You should apply for a passport instead.
  • You can use an emergency travel document to travel to your destination through a maximum of 2 countries.
  • If you apply for a child under 18, they’ll need to attend an appointment. Both parents should go with them if possible. If neither parent can attend, they’ll need to send a signed consent letter.
  • Your travel dates will be printed on your emergency travel document. If you change your travel plans once you have your emergency travel document, you’ll need to apply for a new one.
  • You may need a visa to leave the country you’re in or to travel through other countries with your emergency travel document. Check with the embassy or consulate of each country.
  • If your final destination is the Sudan, border staff will keep your emergency travel document when you arrive.
Scroll to Top